We use a range of nano-scale techniques in order to study the materials science of synthesis of novel quantum materials, understand their collective electronic behavior, and find ways to exploit their functional behavior.
A list of current topics of interest includes:
• Synthesis of quantum materials: superconductors, functional 2D materials
• Phenomena at surfaces and buried interfaces: structure, electronic properties, surface dynamics (e.g. phase transitions, domain structure, disorder effects)
• Synthesis and topological properties of novel layered materials
• Surface plasmon and phonon polaritons
• Instrumentation development for variable-temperature near-field microscopy and spetroscopy